November 22, 2010
It’s Thanksgiving, and we’ve got plenty to be thankful for this year. From all of us here at the Pragmatic Bookshelf, a hearty thank you to all of you for your support and encouragement over the years. We couldn’t do it without you!
This Friday begins a very special time of year, and is known here affectionately as Black Friday. It’s the Friday after the Thanksgiving holiday, which is traditionally the start of the frenetic Christmas shopping season. The stores are jammed with people, and the downtown sidewalks are overcrowded with bargain hunters and earnest shoppers, determined not to shop at the very last minute—like last year.
But you don’t have to suffer the crowds or the long lines to enjoy a genuine Black Friday sale.
We’re offering 40% off everything in the store—books, PDFs, and screencasts. There are a couple of exceptions, including The Pragmatic Programmer book itself (ironically, we don’t publish it), and the Programming Ruby 1.9 which is already on its anniversary sale.
Tell your friends! Tweet this
To get your 40% off, simply enter the coupon code turkey during checkout on Friday, in honor of that noblest of birds and traditional guest of honor at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
- the coupon is valid from 00:01PST to 23:59PST on Friday, November 26th. (PST is 8 hours behind GMT)
- the discount cannot be applied to orders placed prior to or after these times
- the coupon cannot be combined with any other coupon
- the coupon can only be used for products we have on sale on Friday (that is, we can’t hold it over until some unreleased title becomes available)
- the coupon is valid for the entire contents of an order (with some exceptions, including The Pragmatic Programmer, Programming Ruby 1.9, and Beta-On-Paper titles) but does not affect shipping costs
- you have to enter the coupon code turkey and then select your payment mechanism to apply the discount to your order
Thanks, and have a safe and happy holiday season!
Dave & Andy
Books • eBooks • Screencasts • PragPub Magazine
Manage your subscription using your account, or permanently unsubscribe here.
Sent by the Pragmatic Programmers, LLC. • P.O. Box 293325 • Lewisville, TX 75029